The PI you provide on Yard Force® website will be used only for its intended purpose. We will protect your information consistent with us and us only.
Personally Information (PI)
As a general rule, the website does not collect PI about you when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting PI through our website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving the website your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. However, not providing certain information may result in the website’s inability to provide you with the service you desire.
If you choose to provide us with PI on the website, through such methods as completing a web form (such as in Contacts page) or sending us an email, we will use that information to help us provide you the information or service you have requested or to respond to your message. The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting our site.
Generally, the information requested will be used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service you request
Not all of our programs and websites allow you to send us an email directly but a contact form instead. In this situation, by click the “Submit” button, the information and message you filled in will be sent to corresponding email address for further processing. We will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry. We will only send you general information via email. You should be reminded that email may not necessarily be secure against interception. Therefore, we suggest that you do not send sensitive personal data (this information includes but not limited in Social Security number / Identity Card number, credit card, bank account, charge card, etc.) to us via email or message in contact form.
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
1. The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
2. The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
3. The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site;
4. The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
5. The date and time you access our site;
6. The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
7. Your username, if it was used to log in to the website; and
8. If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
We may share the above information with our employees or representatives with a “need-to-know” in the performance of their official duties, or other named representatives as needed to quickly process your request or transaction. This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
The website uses social media websites and other kinds of third-party websites. The website uses social media websites to interact with the foreign constituencies and engage in public diplomacy worldwide. Social media websites are used to publicize corporation and brand activities, and engage with members of the public in foreign countries. The website also uses web measurement and customization technologies to measure the number of visitors to our websites and their various sections and to help make our websites more useful to visitors. In such cases, the third-party application may request an email address, username, password, and geographic location (e.g., State, region, or ZIP code) for account registration purposes. The website does not use third-party websites to solicit and collect PI from individuals. Any PI collected by the third-party website will not be transmitted or stored by the website; no PI will be disclosed, sold or transferred to any other entity outside the website, unless required for law enforcement purposes or by statute.
The website may use various types of online surveys to collect opinions and feedback from a random sample of visitors. This survey does not collect PI. Although the survey invitation pops up for a random sample of visitors, it is optional. If you decline the survey, you will still have access to the identical information and resources at the website as those who do take the survey. The survey reports are available only to the websiteadministrators and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties. The website may use other limited-time surveys for specific purposes, which are explained at the time they are posted.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer to allow it to remember specific information about your session while you are connected. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. There are two types of cookies:
• Session:Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deleted. Websites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site.
• Persistent:Persistent cookies are saved on a user’s hard drive in order to determine which users are new to the site or are returning, and for repeat visitors, to block recurring invitations to take the ForeSee satisfaction survey.
If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies stored on your machine, you can turn cookies off in your browser. You will still have access to all information and resources at the website. However, turning off cookies may affect the functioning of some of our other websites. Be aware that disabling cookies in your browser will affect cookie usage at all other websites you visit as well.
The Yard Force®website takes the security of all PI very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect at this site. Such measures include access controls designed to limit access to the information to the extent necessary to accomplish our mission. We also employ various security technologies to protect the information stored on our systems. We routinely test our security measures to ensure that they remain operational and effective.
We take the following steps to secure the information we collect:
• Employ internal access controls to ensure that only personnel who have access to your information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties.
• Train appropriate personnel on our privacy and security policies and compliance requirements.
• Secure the areas where we retain paper copies of the information we collect online.
• Perform regular backups of the information we collect online to ensure against loss.
• Use technical controls to secure the information we collect online including, but not limited to:
• Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
• Password protections
• Periodically test our security procedures to ensure personnel and technical compliance.
• Employ external access safeguards to identify and prevent unauthorized access by outsiders that attempt to “hack” into, or cause harm to, the information contained in our systems.
We hold our contractors and other third-party providers to the same high standards that we use to ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of personal information they may have access to in the course of their work completed on behalf of the Yard Force® website.